Used since ancient Egyptian times, Dead Sea Salts have been cultivated from the Dead Sea and used for their health benefits for centuries.
With a salt concentration 10 times higher than any other ocean waters, it’s easy to see why bathing in high quality Dead Sea Salts helps to replenish the minerals which are critical to maintaining a healthy body, especially for skin and muscles.
If you’re interested in using Dead Sea Salts as part of your muscle therapy, we’ve listed a summary of Dead Sea Salts and how they can help you below.
WHAT ARE DEAD SEA SALTS?
Situated between Jordan, Israel and Palestine, the Dead Sea is a Salt Lake which is over 15 million years old. It has a salinity of 34.2%, which means it is 10 times saltier than the ocean.
Whilst most oceanic salt is approximately 85% sodium chloride (the same as table salt), the salts sourced from the Dead Sea are only 12-18% sodium chloride, with the rest being made up of a broad variety of beneficial minerals, including a high concentration of magnesium, potassium and sodium.
WHAT MINERALS DO THEY CONTAIN?
Dead Sea Salts provide the ultimate natural minerals boost and work with your muscles and body to replenish, soothe and detox after a long day on your feet/after intense exercise.
Some of these minerals include:
- MAGNESIUM – an essential mineral for staying healthy, which helps to improve mood, relieve stress, encourages healthy skin tissue, and aids detoxification.
- SODIUM – helps to play a vital role in assisting cells to absorb nourishment and expel waste.
- CALCIUM – prevents water retention, increases circulation, and strengthens bones and nails.
- POTASSIUM – energises the body, helps to balance the skin’s natural moisture levels, and is a crucial mineral to replenish following intense exercise.
- BROMIDES – eases muscle stiffness and relaxes muscles.
- CHLORINE – a necessity for maintaining the correct balance of alkaline and acid in the body.
- IODINE – vital for both energy and cell metabolism.
Dead Sea Salts utilise all these minerals to help your body be the best it can be.
BENEFITS OF DEAD SEA SALTS
Other than replacing the minerals lost throughout your day, Dead Sea Salts help to:
- Soothe muscle aches & pains
- Aid muscle recovery
- Ease muscle tension
- Replenish skin
- Deeply hydrate skin
- Exfoliate dead skin cells
- Support skin which is dry, sensitive, and itchy
- Help to aid detoxification
- Flush away toxins
- Rebalance the skin’s natural moisture levels
HOW DO I USE THEM?
We have three types of Dead Sea Salts which can help you for your own specific needs – Muscle Therapy 100% Dead Sea Salts, Relax Therapy 100% Dead Sea Salts, and Fragrance Free 100% Dead Sea Salts. Each product can help to give you the health boost you need.
All you need to do is add two handfuls of salt to a warm bath. For concentrated use (for severely aching muscles), add half the contents of the pack into the bath. Then, soak for 20 minutes before rinsing.
If you wish to soothe specific areas of muscle pain, add one handful of salt into a cup of hot water and cool the solution in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Then, apply to the affected area and leave to soak in.